IPv6 is the next generation Internet Protocol (IP) address standard that will supplement and eventually replace IPv4, the protocol most Internet services use today.
An IP address is basically a postal address for each and every Internet-connected device. Without one, websites would not know where to send the information each time you perform a search or try to access a website. Yet, hundreds of millions of people are still to come online, many of whom will do so in the next few years. IPv6 is what will allow them to do so, providing enough addresses (2128 to be exact) for everyone and all of their various devices.
To allow the Internet to continue to grow and spread across the world, implementing IPv6 is necessary.
Enterprise Edge Transition to IPv6
Mars can help you to develop a strategy to make the move to IPv6 with three general approaches:
- Preserve your existing IPv4 investment
- Prepare your organization for growth
- Prosper by expanding innovation and productivity
Identify technologies that are fundamental to successfully make the transition
- Dual Stack Capabilities
- Tunneling Services
- Translation Services for NAT and DNS
- Strategy and Analysis Service for IPv6 to explore benefits for your IT infrastructure
- Assessment Service for IPv6 to determine necessary network changes and anticipate challenges
- Plan and Build Service for IPv6 to create designs and a smooth transition strategy
- Validation & Deployment Services for IPv6 to validate network readiness and offer consulting
- Network Optimization Service to help you absorb, manage, and scale IPv6 in your environment
- Dual Stack support to ensure seamless coexistence of IPv4 and IPv6